Monday 27 June 2016

Hello from the otter slide..

Hello all!
Welcome to my first post, as LDNKnitter!
I'm very much a beginner knitter, but I'm gradually pushing myself to start more and more complicated knitting patterns.
So, let's have a bit of a status update on what's on the needles right now..

The Baby Blanket of Boredom.
Ugh. I hate this blanket. I hate it.. so much.. I started it at the beginning of the year when I was first informed that I was soon be become an Aunty (not for the first time, but the first time I'm getting a chance to knit anything for said young'un)
Well, I bought just two skeins of yarn, from Loop near Angel. The woman who served me said "well, that's a start.." and I didn't realise register that she was insinuating that I'd need a lot more yarn. Then I started knitting. I wasn't really following any sort of pattern as such.. just a garter border and stockinette. And it's so.. so.. boring to knit. It looks boring too. So, I'm considering frogging it, and looking for another pattern.
I definitely want to do a blanket, and definitely with this yarn. I specifically sought it out, as it's the same colour as the blanket my little brother (the new dad) had when he was a kid.
Want to know how boring this blanket really is? I don't even have photos of it. That's how boring.

The Irish Hiking scarf
Irish Knitting Scarf on Ravelry

Considering last year I started my Christmas knitting in November, with much stress and regret, this year, I've started. And it starts, with learning how to comfortably cable.
I'm in love with this pattern, and the colour way of this yarn is leading me towards this being a mans scarf, but man does this yarn shed all over me. Note to self, don't knit whilst wearing black.


The Wayfarer
Wayfarer on Ravelry

Yeeesss.. I'm so close to finishing this!
I bought the Doomsday Knits book at the end of last year, freaked out at how complex some of the patterns looked, and focussed on sorting out my wedding (and the baby blanket of boredom). On reading through the book again recently, I took it upon myself to start the Wayfarer. No regrets. I'm just about to start the second lace section, and then it's done.
SQUEE

No comments:

Post a Comment